Make time to slow down and take time to appreciate the food you’re about to eat. Kingfish Belly Flaps cooked well could quite possibly be one of the best seafood dishes you’ll ever eat.
Enjoy, melt in your mouth Kingfish Belly Flaps.
Recipe and cook by: Journey of a Fisherman
Turmeric Marinade Ingredients
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 fresh Chilli, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- To make the marinade, place all ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Pour the marinade sauce over the Kingfish Belly Flaps, spread sauce over both sides of the fish so the belly flaps are fully covered.
- Place belly flaps into the fridge, allowing the fish to marinade in the sauce.
- To cook the Kingfish Belly Flaps, heat frypan over the grill on your Flare outdoor fireplace and melt butter.
- Place belly flaps in frypan, flesh side down to sear the face for a couple of minutes, then turn belly flaps and cook right through.