5 Year Limited Warranty
Each Martello Outdoor Fire comes with a 5 year limited warranty and our commitment to resolve any issues.
- Takes effect from the date of install, as recorded on the Register Your Fire page of our website, or as recorded on Flare’s sale, purchase and delivery documents.
- Replaces all earlier versions of the warranty.
- Only applies if the fire is registered within 12 months of installation.
- Is given to the original owners of the fire, and is not transferred when ownership of the fire is transferred for any reason.
- Does not apply to Flare’s Masonry Outdoor Fires, see the warranty for the range of masonry fires here.
The Martello Tower is made from weathering steel, often referred to by the genericised trademark COR-TEN.
In suitable environments weathering steel forms an adherent protective rust ‘patina’, that inhibits further corrosion.
As weathering steel forms a natural rust patina, your Martello Tower may come with some rust already showing. This can be as a result of water contact during storage and transport or as a result of the general ageing of the steel.
Despite the rust patina each Martello Tower is guaranteed to be structurally sound for 5 years. If the fire was assembled by the customer, the warranty is subject to the fire being assembled as per the assembly instructions in our Martello Assembly video.
Due to heat, your Martello Tower may bow in places. Such bowing cannot be removed and is not covered by the warranty.
The small wedges used in the joins may break within the 5 year period. If this occurs, Flare will replace the wedges only, as long as this breakage occurred within 5 years of purchase.
Fire Falling Over
For the Martello Tower not to fall over, it must be affixed appropriately to the surface on which it stands, using the supplied fixings. This surface is to be level and stable. Instructions for affixing to the ground can be found in our Martello Assembly video. This warranty specifically excludes any damage to the Martello Tower or any other property caused from falling over. This applies whether affixed properly or not.
Flare Fires will replace fire bricks, no questions asked, during the lifetime of the fire.
All Flare Fire Stainless Steel Accessories come with a 5 year full replacement warranty for failure to perform. Other accessories come with a 12 month warranty.